Monday, September 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Mimi

Today was my mom's birthday. All the guys (Harley, Nathan,Adam, and Dad) climbed a 14er on this special day in honor of mom. While they were hiking, I had the privilege to watch my 3 kids along with my brother's 3. I say privilege because I know my mom would have watched that many kids in a heartbeat and it was a special time with the kids remembering Mimi/Grandma. The way we celebrated was buying a dozen balloons, writing special notes to Mimi and sending the balloons up to heaven. Lydi asked the next day "mom, do you think the balloons made it up to heaven yet". The kids really did enjoy sharing memories and talking about the fun they each had with their Mimi. She was such a great Grandma and she is so,so missed!


Kayla,Evan,Emma,Lydi,Olivia

Writing special notes to Grandma
These are some of the sentences we wrote
-Dear Mimi, I miss you so much
-I miss you taking us to the park
-I miss making cookies with you
-Grandpa can't make cookies, he'd probably burn them
-I wish you could come and visit us
-I wish you could sleep in my bed again with me
-I love you Grandma, Happy Birthday!


Emma writing her note

Tying the notes to the balloons

10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1, up,up,up they go!