Saturday, June 18, 2011

Our little humanitarian

It was so precious, Harley was talking to Kayla about
going to the Dominican Republic and explaining to her
how a lot of them have very little money for food. It must
have touched her heart in a very sweet way because
several hours later she had made a sign and was asking
to ride her bike around the neighborhood to collect money.

The sign read:
Please give
me 2 dollars
for the kids
that have
no food
I gotta say I was very apprehensive at first. I didn't want her riding around the neighborhood asking for money. I didn't think anyone would take her seriously. I finally asked, "Kayla, what are you going to say when you knock on someone's door?" What came out of her mouth was so precious I would have given her $20 to feed the kids. I looked at Harley and we gave her the ok.
She ended up collecting $10

This is a picture of the end result.
Harley was able to buy food and deliver it with 2 of his co-workers to this very deserving family.

Proverbs 19:17
Whoever is kind to the poor lends to the LORD,
and he will reward them for what they have done.

4 comments:

just_karyn said...

How precious! She has a generous heart, as learned by fabulous family examples!!

Sara Joy Martin said...

Love that little lady! What a great story!!! Go Kayla!!

Carmen said...

Yeah Kayla! What a kind and giving heart she has!

Katie said...

That is awesome- she is such a sweet girl :).