Saturday, September 10, 2011

Grandma's Tea Set

When I was home this summer I found mom's tea set that she had as a little girl and the tea set that I played with as a little girl.  I have a lot of good memories with this tea set and I was excited to share it with my girls and share a little bit of grandma with them as well.    


 Her maiden name is written on the box, Vicky Barnes.  
I'll have to ask my grandma the story behind this set.  When did she get it? 
Who was it from? Was it for a birthday? 


The girls and I made a tent and we had a tea party in it.  
We cut up little rice krispy treats, put goldfish on a plate and served apple juice with a little bit of sugar.  Kayla said it was the best thing we have ever done at our house!   


After we put the tea set up, Malia woke up from her nap and loved playing in the tent with her sisters
It brought back sweet memories and it's a great way to remember mom and a great way to share grandma with the girls.  Hopefully we can keep making sweet memories!

3 comments:

Sara Joy Martin said...

So cute!!! Such a great heirloom!

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite posts. :)

The Moffats said...

Love how your remembered your momma today with the girls. What a sweet tea set with lots of memories you can pass on to the girls. Love and hugs.